Marketing today isn’t what it used to be. As a matter of fact, online marketing has taken over in many different industries. Advertising in general is one of those industries. To understand this, take a look at the phone book. How many of you actually use on? Most people go right to Google or some other source and look up information.
I am not saying that you should have your business in the phone book, or ignore offline marketing methods completely. That would be crazy. Just because you have a ton of people moving towards the internet doesn’t mean you want to leave out the millions that still view other advertisements. I still get popular science magazine and look at the ads in the back, because they are just cool! What I am saying is that your budget should edge towards internet marketing.
Some of the paid marketing methods online that will help establish your brand and bring you traffic and sales are:
- Google Adwords – This is something you most likely know about. But did you know that you should combine your PPC (pay per click) campaign with a good CPM (cost per thousand impressions) campaign as well? The difference is that the CPM only allows you to advertise on the network. That means any website that published Google Adsense is a potential target for your ads. The thing I love about CPM is that I can target my ads for a specific website, and in many cases, different spaces on that website. You can end up paying $3 for a thousand ad impressions compared to $3 for a single click. What if you get 40 clicks from that same $3?
- Facebook Ads – Another program that allows you to target a specific demographic. Facebook ads are very effective because pretty much every type of person uses the website. Just like with Adwords, you can probably find a coupon code online for $50 in free advertising too!
- BuySellAds.com – This site is an ad network, and a lot of bloggers use them to sell ad space. You can find different niche blogs on there with different ad spaces and sizes available. Their stats always seem to be off on the blog’s traffic, Twitter followers, and Alexa Traffic Rank, but that’s not a huge deal. The ad spaces can be worth it.
- OIOPublisher – Not only is it the BEST plugin EVER for selling direct ad space on your blog, but they have a marketplace on their site that lists the many blogs using the plugin so you can advertise on them based on your target niche.
- Fiverr.com – This website is brilliant! You can hire people for anything on there. You can find people to create text or video reviews raving about your business. You can find people who will post positive reviews about you on their established blogs. You can find people who will take care of the tedious tasks of getting Twitter followers and Facebook likes for you. The list is endless, and each will only cost you $5!
- Paid Blog Reviews – You can actually pay blogs (like mine – see:advertising page) to write reviews about your product or service. Look for the blogs (like mine) that provide true and tested reviews though with objectivity. If I have cons that go with the pros for your product or service, then it will only work in your favor. Trust me. The quality reviews actually cost more though. Take for example my blog. I charge $500 for a paid review here, and I only allow one paid review per month. This adds to a paid review’s legitimacy. If you go for a $20 paid review on a respectable blog, chances are that they do those in volume and will have less of an impact for your business.
- Press Releases – There are paid press releases that are totally worth it compared to the free press release websites. Paid press releases get sent out to actual print publishers that have online magazines. You may spend $100 on a press release that turns into thousands of dollars in new business for your company.
I only listed a few things here, but trust me when I tell you that there are tons of great ways to create an online marketing campaign. Some of the good ones cost a pretty penny, and should account for the majority of your paid marketing budget. But don’t let that stop you from utilizing the many free internet marketing methods to drive traffic and leads to your business.
To find some of those free marketing methods, simply hop around this blog and blink. I have tons of free tips on here. Don’t forget to subscribe to my rss feeds!
Drop a comment below and tell me how much you spend on internet marketing.
Incoming search terms:
- advertising budget